Friday, October 29, 2010

America: Where every little boy wants to grow up to be something other than President

Palin told Mary Hart in an interview that she'd run for President "if there's no one else to do it."
Anyone want to be President? Anyone?..... Helloooo.... Who's gonna do this thing? Oh all right. I guess I'll do it. If I have to. Geez.

+++++++++++++++++++++++

There was a commercial for some texting service a few years ago. There were these guys texting at a business seminar. Some guy was lecturing about “thinking outside the box” and he had a diagram on the whiteboard. “This is the box. We need to think here – outside of this box.” Then he went through some dynamic charade about “pushing the envelope”. The guys are texting how banal it was and where do you want to go for lunch. The kicker at the end was when the guy made a triangle out of his fingers and talked about “changing the paradigm”, except he pronounced it phonetically as “para-dig-em”. I never wanted to text so badly in my whole life.

I’m not a real fan of IM or texting. I’ve subscribed to a brand new e-service that’s similar. It’s just like instant messaging, except that you don’t have to type, you just speak and the other person doesn’t have to read, they can actually hear your voice in real time and respond. It’s really quite neat. I have a hand held device so I don’t even have to be at a computer to use it. Do you have that yet? When you get your e-voice communicator, contact my e-voice communicator. Alexander Graham Bell is so cutting edge.

+++++++++++++++++++
After campaigning as the “firewall” against the Democratics, the Republicans are trying to re-establish the “permanent Republican majority.” Yeah, one party rule seemed to work so well for the former Soviet Union. Small government is working so great in Haiti that the Reps want to do the same thing here. Gun control is non-existent in Somalia. Mixing religion and politics made Taliban controlled Afghanistan such a world player that the Republicans couldn’t help but envy their success. There are 300 million people in America. Half of them are below average. We call them “Republicans”. Need I go on?

+++++++++++++++++
I have to take continuing professional education. I thought the ethics book and test would be a quick hit-it-and-quit-it, but the book is 245 pages. I think that since my wife has to take ethics courses for her law license, and she reads like a rocket; she could read the book and take the test for me. It may be unethical, but I wouldn’t know since I didn’t read the book yet.

Hand me a cup of coffee, I’m turning into Wally from Dilbert.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Senator Coburn of Oklahoma is a leader in the fight to overturn the health care reform. At one of his town halls last year some woman was in tears because her husband’s insurance wouldn’t pay for needed therapy. Coburn said that she could contact his office individually, and that her neighbors should help her out. And he got applause. Coburn said that solutions don’t come from the government. Apparently not. They come from special favors and begging from your neighbors.

++++++++++++

I’m flabbergasted that someone like Ann Coulter can have a career doing anything more complicated than to sit behind a cash register making rude comments to non-Anglos. Who really takes her analysis seriously? Schadenfreude defined: When Ann Coulter is 60 and is just a mean old witch with 12 face lifts, I’m going to laugh and laugh and laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment