Friday, March 26, 2010

Beer and Republicans, a good mix

http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Investing/top-stocks/blog.aspx?post=1710826&_blg=1,1710826

Miller brewing is coming up with a beer that was formulated pre-prohibition. I would like to taste it. They’re getting pretty gimmicky, given the declining state of the brewing industry. Apparently, they are now putting ridges in the neck of the bottle to improve taste and aroma.

I have news. When you chill your beer to a fraction of a degree above freezing, it doesn’t taste or smell like anything. Novelty. Gimmick.

Miller, Coors and Anheuser Busch spent the last 90 years cutting corners to make the cheapest beer possible while spending billions on lavish ad campaigns marketed to the lowest common denominator. Most Americans are so shocked to get pulled out of Plato’s Cave and taste real beer for the first time that it’s a wonder they don’t do what they did to the protagonist of The Republic. Re-introduce your old-fashioned beer at your own peril.
___________________________________________

So last night, there was a Republican that shouted something like "Baby Killer!" while Stupak was making some comments on the health care bill. The funny thing is that Stupak is very pro-life. I wish I could shout random stuff at inappropriate moments like a Nazi with Tourette's Syndrome.

Every time some anti-immigrant Republican like Coburn speaks, "Foreigner!"
Then I'll apologize and say that I was listening to Foreigner on my iPod and I forgot that I wasn't at the concert.

Every time McConnell speaks, "Horsesh!t"
Then I'll apologize and say that I was referring to the fine equine industry boasted by Mr. McConnell’s home state of Kentucky.

Every time McCain speaks, "Dimwit!"
Then I'll apologize and say that I was trying to attract the attention of Senator DeMint, and it is your fault for not hearing me clearly enough.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_ts1298
Michael Steele dismissed the GOP homophobic racists that shouted down the Democratic congressmen: "There are a lot of idiots saying stupid things." Can you narrow it down any, Steele? That describes every member of congress.

No comments:

Post a Comment