Tuesday, March 30, 2010

What's the diff between Rush Limbaugh & Nazis? Someone forgave the Nazis

I like the mindless action flicks while I’m running on a treadmill because I don’t have to pay close attention and there’s a lot of noise that can be heard over the boom-boom-boom of my feet and the machine. And, occasionally, I get an adrenaline surge even with the bombastic drama. For a change, though, I got a documentary called “Forgiving Dr. Mengele”. It’s about an old holocaust survivor who has decided to personally forgive the Nazis. Yes, it says “Dr. Mengele”, but she forgave ALL the Nazis. Whoops, belated spoiler alert.

Her fellow Holocaust survivors ranged between “highly apprehensive” to “enraged”. She never claimed to speak for the group. She specifically insisted that her forgiveness only came from herself. Ironic, actually. Her version of forgiveness is a very Christian version. It is ironic because she was persecuted by the Nazis specifically for being a non-Christian. But that’s just my own insight. I’m sure that the thougth would only further outrage the other holocaust survivors.

Their argument against this woman was that the living could not ever claim to speak for the dead, so if all the holocaust survivors got together unanimously, there still would be no absolution. But the living have always spoken for the dead, so I couldn’t agree less. Anyway, it was a pretty good documentary.
____________________________

I read a Rush Limbaugh transcript where a caller asked who Rush endorsed for a primary race, but Rush shied away, citing that he had a policy not to endorse a candidate in the primary. Although, apparently, he’s free to whack the candidates he doesn’t like as he would a pinata. So, he wrapped up that little discussion with “Your question sort of puts me in hot water.” Rush admits that he’s in hot water? He made a decision that was sub-optimal or *gasp* wrong? But he segued from “in hot water” to “A tub of hot water that comes quickly and easily when you use our sponsor Rensaii© Tankless Hot Water Heaters…” Yes, this shameless sales pitch was included in his transcripts.

If I could get “in hot water” from answering an inconvenient question, why would I even need to buy a tankless heater from Rensaii©?

The general format of Limbaugh’s transcript links is this:
Caller: You’re the greatest, smartest human being since Christ himself, Rush.
Rush: I am very well aware of this fact, but your subservience is appreciated.
Caller: If I weren’t so into gay-bashing, I’d let you know I’ve got a woody right now.
Rush: Speak with impunity, vassal.
Caller: I seek your sage counsel. What is your opinion on Candidate X?
Rush: Candidate X does not concur 100% with my own viewpoints. Ergo, he/she is out of touch with the mainstream conservative base and must therefore be labeled as an enemy of America and all true Americans.
Caller: Thank you, most knowledgeable one! I was thinking of voting for X, and you have shown me the error of my ways. I shall pan through your podcasts to seek out the candidate that you do not specifically endorse, but that I must vote for due to your relative silence on his flaws.
Rush: You have learned well, serf. Now off with you as I awkwardly segue into a shill for one of our noble sponsors, without which none of this broadcast or my enormous salary could be possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment