Sunday, April 11, 2010

I had a dream that quaaludes cause global warming.

Here’s the contradiction that I get from people. When I say that I want to run a marathon, I get all kinds of accolades and well wishes and “Go for it!” from everyone. But, if I say that I’m training and that I get tired a lot and I’m a little dissatisfied with my progress, they always start questioning why I’m doing it.

If everyone knows that I could run a marathon if I only train for one, why bother actually training and running it?
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Why were Quaaludes such a popular drug in the 70s? I can tell why they’re not anymore. Who wants to rock out to a song called “Gettin’ Sleepy With It”?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

It’s cold outside today. Yup. That proves there is no such thing as global warming.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

February is Black History Month. I’m told that March is Women’s History Month. When the hell is White Dude’s History Month? Since a recent high school survey found that most students couldn’t identify that Columbus sailed prior to 1750 or when the Civil War was fought (it was multiple choice, and the answers were in increments of 50 years), On the other hand, 97% of high school students knew that Martin Luther King Jr. gave the “I have a dream” speech. I argue that the history of white dudes is not being taught in the classroom.

The results of that survey are being interpreted as “high schools don’t teach humanities, therefore there is too much focus on math & science”. I’ve got news – they don’t teach that, either.

No comments:

Post a Comment