Friday, April 2, 2010

If there is a tornado, yell "Tornado! Everyone PANIC!!!"

Obama: The Republicans don’t want to do anything. They just want to say “No.”
McConnell: It’s the Democrats that don’t want to listen to us.
Obama: You’re using the “I know you are, but what am I?” defense? What can I do now??
McConnell: Oh snap! We Scooby-doo’d ya, dawg!
Obama: You seriously would never say that to a white president.
McConnell: Daymn, knowwhatI’msayin, yo! Chill. Peace out, bro!

The recent bill for job growth was a package that tries to stimulate jobs through tax incentives for hiring new people. Tax incentives are an inefficient incentive. There’s no way to tell which companies would have hired without the credit. But it promotes some job growth and reduces overall taxes. So why would 36 Republicans vote against it when their mantra is more jobs and less tax? Because they’re as$holes.
_____________________________

I fixed my old treadmill on Sunday. Great, I had two working treadmills. Wednesday, the new treadmill broke down. Why is it so hard to keep them running?
______________________________

Tuesday Morning is a small appliance retail chain in our area. 9/11 happened on a Tuesday morning. Don’t ever shop there. Inside is a hellhole of horror and you’d be lucky to escape with your life. Worse, right wing crazies will promote your miserable shopping experience as a jingoistic cause célèbre and use your name to justify a radical, conservative agenda. If you need a blender that badly, order it online.
_____________________________

I got advance warning that my building has a tornado drill planned for tomorrow. I'm going to stake out my safe space in the stairwell and mark it with tape. If anyone is there, standing in my tape box, I'm going to start pummelling relentlessly. I don't like being jostled while waiting for hypothetical tornadoes to blow on by. It's freakin' inhuman. Barbaric.

No comments:

Post a Comment